Summer 2014: Curious about the construction workers, boom lifts and cranes on campus? Here are 5 things to know.
1. Butler Center and Fontbonne Hall are undergoing a facelift. The expansion and renovation project is expected to be complete in February 2015.
2. The three-story Butler Center is getting an additional 31,500 square feet of new space — that includes varsity locker rooms and lounge space, a cardio room with fitness equipment, a dance studio and a one-story, multi-purpose training center.
3. Butler’s front entryway is being redesigned to include controlled access for added security.
4. A new elevator will be installed in Fontbonne to improve the building’s accessibility.
5. Currently in use: five new classrooms and three lounge areas in the former 10,000-square-foot Fontbonne gymnasium.